Job Type: Contractual
Job Location: Karachi
About the Position
The Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP) is looking for Graphic Designer on a contractual basis for 2-3 months. The graphic designer will work closely with the design team in the creation and production of digital and print images and layouts of all CAP related collateral.
CAP is a non-profit organization dedicated to cultural and historic preservation, operating in Karachi and Lahore. We seek to educate the community, foster an awareness of our nation’s history and instill pride in Pakistani citizens about their heritage.
The office runs Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm and the first Saturday of every month 10 am to 4 pm.
- Assist the creative team to transform strategic briefs into creative concepts
- Produce visual solutions to internal and external communication by using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness.
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaign and projects.
- Work closely with the team in the creation and production of digital and print images, logos, and layouts for: magazines, newsletters, newspapers, presentations, posters, brochures, websites and other required content.
- Communication Design Graduate
- Experience: At least 1 year
- Ability to use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign)
- Practical understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which that can impact design output
- Strong familiarity with the work and objectives of CAP
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a variety of collaborative teams, and to manage multiple priorities and projects effectively
- Flexibility, positive, “can-do” attitude, and a sense of humor